iRobot Braava jet 240 Mopping Robot Review
iRobot Braava Jet 240 Mopping Robot is actually a small, but powerful automatic machine. It is programmed with cleaning patterns and cleans your floor with efficacy. Especially, people with disabilities or busy schedule can look at it as an alternative to expensive housekeeping services. All they need is to attach the pad and press clean.
The iRobot manufacturers knew that cleaning is a time-consuming and exhausting task. Therefore, they introduced iRobot Braava Jet 240 Mopping Robot in the market.
It does all the work by itself and requires no supervision. iRobot Braava Jet 240 Mopping Robot is actually a small, but powerful automatic machine and designed to clean hard floors including hardwood, tile, and stone . It is programmed with cleaning patterns and cleans your floor with efficacy. Especially, people with disabilities or busy schedule can look at it as an alternative to expensive housekeeping services. All they need is to attach the pad and press clean. Braava Jet 240 and Braava 380t are very similar and Quick comparison on Braava Jet 240 and Braava 380t :
|Braava Jet 240||Braava 380t|
|The maximum effective range (mop) of Jet 240 is 150 Sq. Ft.||The maximum effective range (mop) of Braava 380t is 350 Sq. Ft.|
|It has a sweep range of 200 Sq. Ft.||It has a sweeping range of 1000 Sq. Ft.|
|It uses precision Jet cleaning technique.||It is a pro-clean system.|
|iRobot Braava Jet 240 has 3 cleaning modes.||iRobot Braava 380t has two cleaning modes.|
|The price is around $179.||It is a tad expensive - $254.|
|It offers a decent 20-minute battery time.||It will clean for up to 90 minutes.|
|Pick up||Pick up|
Key Features & Technologies
The Braava Jet 240 Mopping Robot brought professional care to home. And design to small size and low-slung which help to clean the corners and gives incredible performance in tight spaces.It uses a pseudo-random vacuuming pattern and dirt sensor technology to ensure effective cleaning. iRobot is at the forefront of developing technologies in the areas of human-robot interaction, and physical solutions. Let’s take a look at the features that new technologies brought.
Adapt 2.0 navigation technology
Braava jet robot won’t fall down your stairs with Adapt 2.0 navigation .
Distinct Cleaning Modes
This exceptional mopping robot has distinct cleaning modes – dry sweeping, wet mopping, and damp cleaning.Bear in mind, with each cleaning mode, there are different cleaning pads as well, which are designed specifically for each task.They improve its overall cleaning quality.
- In dry sweeping, it collects all the dust and dirt like a vacuum cleaner. It tackles dirt in even hard-to-reach places through efficient and systematic cleaning pattern.
- Next, in wet mopping, this mopping robot goes a tad further and uses cleaning solution and water for deep cleaning.
- Lastly, there is damp cleaning mode. In this mode, the iRobot Braava Jet 240 sprays the flood with water to gently clean the entire area. It indeed uses the new precision jet spray, which uses less water to protect your flood quality. Particularly, people with hardwood floor can rely on this special feature, if they are concerned, to limit the damage.
Fully Automated System
It is a fully automatic machine that selects the correct cleaning mode on its own once it recognizes its Braava Jet Pad type.If we say, it is a lot smarter than its competitors, it would be utterly correct. Since, the other conventional, and even modern mopping robots, aren’t smart and fully automated. It is pertinent to give them the instructions, so that they can operate independently.
- This mopping robot uses patented technology to navigate the room.
- Even on the complex floor plans, it detects and stops for obstacles and people. It creates customized maps for complex layouts in order to work more efficiently.
- Moreover, unlike other models, this mopping robot also creates an invisible boundary. You can make it work inside rooms without doors, such as kitchens and entryways. This feature is particularly helpful for those who want it to avoid stairs or ride up on rugs.
Cleans All Hard Floor Types
The Braava jet robot mop is designed to mop and sweep all hard floor surfaces, including hardwood, tile, and stone.Always follow manufacturer or installer instructions when cleaning your floors.
Tackles Dirt And Stains
Braava jet searches for obstacles in its path to help protect furniture, rugs, and walls.back to menu ↑
iRobot Braava Jet 240 vs Braava 380t
One of the most common questions we get from consumers is ‘What’s the difference between iRobot Braava Jet 240 and iRobot Braava 380t’.
Allow us to give a better answer through product comparison table.
|iRobot Braava jet 240||Braava 380t|
|iRobot Braava Product|
|Maximum Effective Mop Range||150 Sq. Ft.||350 Sq. Ft|
|Price||Around $179||Around $254|
|WiFi/APP control Remote Control Auto Scheduling Auto Recharged Auto Return||N||N|
|Cleaning Modes||Dry sweeping Damp sweeping Wet mopping||Dry sweeping Damp mopping|
|Size||6.7 x 7 x 3.3 inches||1.1 ft x 1.1 ft x 3.3 inches|
|Noise||66 db||70 db|
|Release Date||2016||Aug 2013|
On the whole, both models have their own specific advantages.We agree, it perhaps appears that iRobot Braava 380t has more advantages, but iRobot Braava Jet 240 is technically a bit finer in cleaning. It is also smaller and gives incredible performance in tight spaces. It does a perfect fine job of dusting and cleaning.back to menu ↑
iRobot Braava Jet 240 Design
The Braava Jet 240 size and appearance design are very beautiful.It’s at the top of the fuselage there are round button. Click the Clean button, The robot will begin to work.Once it finishes its job, it goes back to the starting position and waits for more instructions.back to menu ↑
How Does Braava Jet 240 Work?
This mopping robot comes with a round button top that operates it. All you need is to tap it once to wake it and tap it again to get it cleaning.However, first, place it in the area you want to mop.You can opt for the cleaning mode according to your need. It will automatically determine the cleaning mode based on the pad you have inserted.
For example, if you are inserting mopping pad, it squirts a little water in front of it and starts mopping from one side to another. It follows the same pattern across the entire floor. Though, bear in mind, you have to fill the tank with warm water first (around 100ml).
Once it finishes its job, it goes back to the starting position and waits for more instructions.
- Good for kitchens and bathrooms
- Lower price
- Navigates hard-to-reach places
- It has a compact, smart design with iAdapt 2.0 Navigation system.
- Every new pad has a fresh scent.
- Recommended floor types are well-sealed floor, sealed floors, and all hard floors.
- It also sweeps up the small bits of food and evidences of liquid spills efficiently.
- The Precision Jet Spray and Vibrating Cleaning head deal with dirt well too.
- It has a quiet operation; you can hardly notice it from across the room.
- It is a tad more economical than other models.
- No WiFi Connected function
- Not support multiple rooms clean
- iRobot Braava Jet 240 has a smaller range compared to other models.
- You have to challenge your pocket for a pack of 10 additional pads ($7.99).
User Guidelines & Regular Care
Though, this mopping robot works quite brilliantly, but there are a few key limitations to keep in mind if you want it to deliver clean and fresh floor every day.If you are launching it into a wet mode, ensure there aren’t any kinds of clumps or dropping around, as it will affect its performance.
Second, it can mop a 200-square-foot area in one session only. Therefore, if are planning to opt for a large household, you probably need more batteries. Besides, instead of buying new pads, over and over again, you can buy washable pads too in order to save your money.
In addition, the best thing about this product is it doesn’t require immense kind of cleaning where you need to take a lot of parts apart to clean them. It is not time consuming either.
All you need is to wipe it down occasionally.back to menu ↑
Packages & Accessories
The iRobot Braava Jet 240 Mopping Robot comes with rechargeable lithium-on battery and a battery charger. But, first, you have to charge the battery for at least two hours.Just place it in the charger and plug it into an outlet. When the indicator light is solid green, turn it off and install it inside the robot, which is relatively simple.
Its package also includes two wet mopping pads, two dry sweeping pads, and two damp mopping pads. Though, it doesn’t mean that you can’t acquire more pads. You can buy an additional cleaning pad for just $7.99. Though, remember that these pads are disposable.
- 1 Braava Jet Robot
- 1 Lithium Ion Battery
- 1 Battery Charger
- 2 Wet Mopping Pads
- 2 Damp Mopping Pads
- 2 Dry Mopping Pads
In case you don’t want to burn the holes in your pockets in the long run, there is another set of pads, which is a tad expensive, $29.99. It can be washed up to 50 times.
Choose authorized accessories
Choose Authentic iRobot products from Authorized Resellers is the only way to protect your warranty. And unauthorized parts such as batteries, filter and brushes may have a negative impact on product performance even damage your robot.back to menu ↑
Braava Jet 240 Mopping Robot is an electronic product and brings great help to home. In order to reduce the risk of injury and keep the Braava Jet 240 running good, we need to keep following tips in mind.
- Product may not be used with any type of power converter. Use of other power converters will immediately void the warranty.
- Use only accessories and replacement parts are Authentic iRobot parts. used 3rd parties may have a negative impact on product performance and can cause damage to your robot and also void your robot’s warranty.
- Don’t sit or stand on this device.
- Don’t pick up any burning or smoking objects
- Never handle the battery charger with wet hands.
All in all, iRobot Braava Jet 240 Mopping Robot is a million-dollar product. It is quite economical and packed with advanced features. When you are working or outside the house, you can put it to work. It will tackle dirt & other stubborn stains professionally.
So, if you are lazy about mopping, it is a great investment.